Friday, December 20, 2013

Meeka, Tonka and Kayla at the Pascack Brook County Park

One thing was for sure - I'd be able to test out my rental camera in some wet weather conditions.  The afternoon snow forecast came early, and at 9 am, I was slipping and sliding on my way to the park.  I was lucky to be making my way there at all, to meet one of the most devoted rescue animal volunteers I know.  Given the option of a free photo shoot for her dogs, or one for the rescue dogs, she never hesitated - 'If you can make it to Newark Animal Shelter, we'll be there. Rain or snow.  Blizzard or not.'


But the snow scared me off and I decided to stay close to home.  I said, if she could make it to me, I'd love to shoot her dogs!  Loving dog mommy she is, she bundled her dogs and boyfriend in the truck and took off at 8am for the hour long trek. 

One, two, three, they popped out of the truck like a clown car.  Interested in their new surroundings but a little iffy on the snow.


Tonka has the most distinguishable feature - his tongue, lagging out the side of his mouth at all times.  An old soul with a calm demeanor, he holds a special place in his mom's heart, who rescued him from the shelter.




Kayla is the original family dog.  She doesn't live with the other two but they make it a point to get together for many a play date.




Meeka is the last addition to the family, another rescue from the shelter.  Foster failure is a familiar word in this family.  :) 




Eventually the pups "warmed up" to the snow and had some fun.  :)

Ring around the rosie!



Thanks for a lovely shoot, my jolly boxer beau's








And my favorite shot of the day:

0 comments

Post a Comment